Monday, November 06, 2006

Going Places


Seeking out destinations different from my own has become a way to "juice up" my creative energies and allow my eye to see a different palette of light, culture, faces and customs. It challenges my structured existence of everyday life in my familiar territory. So like a wolf, I like to stretch my legs and seek out new ground to explore. This time it was tiny corners in England and Wales.

My eyes soaked in the way the mountains looked in both rain and bright sunlight that rises from a more southern angle this time of year. Wales has green hills, as many sheep as rocks and people who enjoy the outdoors regardless of weather! When I hit the paths of Snowdonia National Park, I knew I was going places! Three-sixty degree views! When's the last time you've been able to see that!

Carrying my camera and lenses to 3000 ft was all worth the while to let my eyes drink in the views of mountains, lakes and of course, the trail that I just dragged my butt up and over. Enjoy this "bit of Wales!"

No comments:

Post a Comment