Thursday, February 26, 2009

Baby Portraits


When I get a call asking about new baby portraits, there's an excitement that shoots through me and my brain begins to see images from the voice and description of the child from the parent.  When I arrived at this client's home, I had a general idea of what I needed but my work really shines when I stay open to the moment, and what is shown to me.

This image is one of those that just developed and after the creative session, I knew there was a broad variety of images that would make a great newborn book for this family.  This image covers an entire page of their book and is accompanied by the words, "big shoes to fill."

Sometimes just paying attention, or a new phrase I learned, having "situational awareness." is the open door to some great images.


No comments:

Post a Comment