Monday, March 16, 2009

High Key "Dude"



Last week was a week for children's portraits in the studio! Four children with various personalities that put me through my paces. Meaning only that mom's and I work to keep things moving and everyone happy.

This little guy's been coming to the studio since he was 2 months old and each time he shows up, I know it's going to be a session with lots of expressions and antics. We had decided to use the white seamless background this time and throw in the color with his clothes. However, before we could get his top on, he started exploring on his own and that's what this image is all about.

I really like the white - on - white or high key look! Whether it's color or B&W (everyone has their favorite you know), it's just a clean look and the child's features can tell the story of their little spirit. It doesn't work for every child or situation but when it does, it's heaven to behold!

My next blog will be from Anchorage, AK and then it'll be off the grid for me! It's kind of like a an "electronic eclipse" where I'll be on the "dark side" of the moon - like the Apollo moon shots. No communication until I'm back on the "sun side." I'm not expecting any withdrawal symptoms from the disconnect!

Ta, Ta.


No comments:

Post a Comment