Sunday, April 26, 2009

A View of Spring


Today is Sunday, but yesterday I found myself in church; a few churches, actually. I'm now voluntarily sequestered in the Great Smoky Mts. National Park for a photographic workshop with Tony Sweet, a great photographer and human being that knows this park like the back of his . . . Nikon D3 (fooled you!)

I had some time to explore yesterday and my first stop was in the Primitive Baptist Church. Primitive was the right word as the pew benches were a simple construction of pine boards and nails and definitely had that worn look about them. Out one of the windows was a view of spring erupting over the old, church cemetery. The church was built is 1887 and it closed during the Civil War because a few Cades Cove residents sided with the Confederates when most of the locals at the time sided with the Union soldiers. Even God has to take a rest when there's war!

No comments:

Post a Comment