Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Everyone Wants Mom's Attention



I'm having so much fun with my Dogs & Their Women project! This past weekend I wandered out to West Allis to spend some time with Jenelle, her 2.5 yr old daughter Alyson and Lily (Great Dane) and Kross (Doberman). Everyone was easy to be with! Little Alyson brought out her own dog, Fido, and as we talked, Lily stretched her body out and over Jenelle's legs. So easy for a Great Dane to do!

Well Kross had to wiggle in there and get his own bit of attention as well - see him closest to Jenelle? This image reminded me of the quote often seen about dogs being children that never grow up. Just like kids, they love attention, especially when there's company around!

I love this image because I think it describes an everyday scene of mothers who have young children and a dog or two. You can feel the warmth and love that Jenelle showers on those she loves! It's an image that will work wonderfully in my book about Dogs & Their Women.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful photo! I loved the story and look forward to the book.

    ReplyDelete