Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's Overload Time!


Day two of the SYNC conference (Seniors and Youth National Conference) for photographers is over and I think it's time to order me up a new 4 GB memory external hard drive. That would be the 'gray matter' kind of memory, i.e. brain power. Just not sure how to plug it into my brain. You see, there are meetings from 8:30 a.m. 'til 10:30 p.m. and I've been taking notes like a court room stenographer!

At these meetings, I keep a running "To Do List" going so I can make sense of all the information I've collected for when I get back home. It's a routine I adopted long ago when attending conferences in my previous career. Well, let's just say that my to do list seems to be about as long as the Master's Thesis I wrote years ago! OK, I exaggerate for effect, but I think you get the idea.

I'm excited about the changes that will come! The new sets I've planned for my kids and seniors portraits are going to bring energy and excitement into this new year! The new designs for Senior and Newborn Books are awesome! Lots to be excited about. So while I'm a bit brain dead tonight, I'll be ready for more tomorrow morning.

As for the image, on my first evening here, I strolled the beach in front of the resort at sunset time. There's nothing like facing the sun when it's done for the day; taking in it's last rays of warmth. I was making images of the rows of beach chaises and saw this man, sitting alone. When I made the image I thought I'd jokingly blog about how he was missing the snow and bitter cold from up north. Then today I realized that his body language emulated how my brain felt tonight! Every brain overload needs a brain dump. Good.n..i...g....h.....t.

No comments:

Post a Comment