Thursday, April 15, 2010

Big and Little Personalities




                                                             

My WINE and PAWs event, to help out homeless dogs, began a few days early when Kelly Dawson, owner of "sitting dogg"  (www.sittingdogg.com) came in with two of her dogs.  Ace, a 95# American Bulldog, is ALL muscle.  He pulled me around a couple of times when I tried to turn him around by his collar and I got to feel his pulling power!  A 'big boy' in size but a teddy bear by nature.  I can imagine what a cuddler he is.

His pack-mate, Woubai, is a small, red dog and reminded me of a friend's Norwegian Wunderhund.  Kelly told me that although he was small, he was the alpha.  All is equal in the dog world when a 15# dog rules the roost over a 95# dog that could take it out with one gulp!

Kerry and the boys arrived after a good, long walk to tire them out.  I had some shots in mind that didn't pan out but soon their energies began to settle and they acquiesced to their new surroundings.  A key to pet photography is patience, so sure enough, things started to mellow out.

Ace decided he liked the feel of my new animal skin-like material, while Woubai took a break on the couch and in mom's arms.  Kelly brought along a nice Pinot Grigio called Little Black Dress to trade.  The label has tiny, red high heels on it!  (You know how women love to try wines that have interesting labels.)

If you're looking for someone to take care of your dog in your home, give Kerry a call about her premier in home pet care! After watching her interact with Ace and Woubia, you're dogs will be in good hands!

2 comments:

  1. It was a fantastic experience!

    Thank you Peggy!

    Sincerely,
    Kerry, Acey & Woubie D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peggy
    I'm here via your strobist comment about your garage studio. I'm hoping you might post some images of it on your bolg? I'm especially curious how you now open your garage doors with the automatic system removed?
    I'm trying to evolve my garage in a similar way. I
    Have a Manfrotto pull chain background system that I hate as it was installed incorrectly. I yearn for the high ceilings around the door opener.
    I like your bolg too. Bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete