Saturday, March 22, 2008

Wanna Play?



While it snowed just another 16" here yesterday on the second day of Spring, I got to work on a line of Note Cards that will soon be released to local retail outlets. When I came across this image, I felt removed from the shackels of the snow shovel. Nothing like some warm sun and sand to take you to a place far away - even if it's in your mind!

There, on that Hawaiin sand, laid the most handsome Chocolate Lab I've ever seen! Looking like a little sugar cookie, with the dusting of sand across his nose, he waited for me to make the image and then throw the ball back into the ocean for yet another bound into the waves. Catch, release. Catch, release. His owner, a bartender in Honolulu, was giving him his daily workout prior to leaving for work and he was digging it.

As he laid there patiently, I couldn't help but think that the little twinkle in his eye seemed to say, "Wanna Play?" You bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment