Monday, April 14, 2008

Goin' to the Dogs


The month of April has been a four paw month - lots of dogs in front of my camera! It all started with a belated, canine Easter Egg Hunt at the Central Bark in Oak Creek. Sue, the owner/manager had called me to fill in for another photographer who couldn't make it, and let me tell you, there was lots of canine companionship that day!. After the egg hunt there were a variety of activities set up, all to raise money for the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Canine Unit.

All the dogs that were photographed had well behaved owners (remember, they went to Obedience School too!) and I was lucky to photograph a variety of breeds. One breed that I haven't seen much of recently on my daily dog walks is the Collie. When I was a youngster, my uncle's Collie would try to race the car when we left his house. My dad "clocked" her on the speedometer and she once got up to 32 mph! She was fast! And what kid didn't fall in love with Lassie? I LOVED going to my uncle's house!

So when Foster showed up for his photo session, I went back in time to my uncle's dog. Just look at that face with his long nose and eyes that melt your heart. I couldn't help but wonder just how FAST he was??

No comments:

Post a Comment