Thursday, April 17, 2008

Unseen Art


This week, the Newseum opened in Washington, DC with great fanfare. While this museum is dedicated to the journalism profession, it reminded me of the Black Art History Museum that I visited in Washington a few years ago.

Being a fan of art, I was immediately stuck by the design, colors, angles, and architectural "pieces" that adorned the lobby areas. This image was not hard to see, as the sun was coming through the stained glass windows, showing off the wrought iron structure. Now setting this image up on the tripod was a whole other conundrum!

It took me a truckload of time to get the image aligned just right. I'm not one to "fix it later in Photoshop." But while I was making my adjustments, I was able to stop and take in all the details in this image and how they complimented each other. Color, lines, angles and of course, light! I can never pass up a scene that has one or more of these elements screaming at me!

The lobby was the perfect entranceway into the museums fine collections. However, to see it, you had to look up. I wondered how many people missed this view as they walked down the stairs to the collections. So here it is for you to view.

No comments:

Post a Comment