Friday, February 06, 2009

An Army of Women


Reading on vacation! I love having extra time to read without having to worry about not doing other things, like work. This week I'm reading Ben Sherwood's book, "The Survivors Club."

Believe it or not, this is a genre (survival stories) that I've always liked to read! Remember "Into Thin Air" by John Krackauer? There's something invigorating about reading what people survive and how they do it. You'll be surprised at how Sherwood grabs you, entertains you and of course, educates you about what humans can do when they have to.

While taking the Survivor IQ (www.survivorsclub.org) that he writes about, I discovered the Army of Women site. If you have any concerns or interest in Breast Cancer, you'll want to check out this site!

Dr. Susan Love is putting together a "volunteer army" of a million woman who would volunteer for various research studies that would help find a cure for Breast Cancer. You can decide if you want to participate in a certain study or not. So come along with me and make yourself available - it might help someone you know or even yourself! (www.armyofwomen.org)

Three years ago I was diagnosed with a pre-breast cancer (LCIS). It's got a long name but I'll spare you. My mammogram found a solo, pencil point size calcium deposit that indicated further biopsy and subsequent lumpectomy.

So I "drafted" myself last night. I joined the ARMY! My nephew was a Special Forces guy but I'm in the ARMY. I've always believed in "the power of One" but think about the muliplier factor when "I" becomes a million! Stand out amongst the trees and join me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment