Friday, May 22, 2009

For the Love of a Dog!


It's official now! The Dogs & Their Women project has begun. I meet with Sarah today and her three dogs, Harry Monster, Ralphie and Mac Daddy. Three different personalities, ages and breeds. We talked over what we're going to do when we get together for the "shoot" and I got to see them all "in action." One of the things Sarah likes to do with the dogs is dress them up. I've always thought that to be a little "undog-like" but then, I have breeds that were meant to hunt.

When I saw Sarah's dogs go crazy when she brought out the outfits, I had to suppress my laughter so I could photograph them all getting excited to play "dress up!" My point of view has changed now!

Real life images is what I'm after with this project. No suggestive posing; just Sarah and the dogs doing their thing. At one point, I caught this action of a tender moment. Harry Monster LOVES to ride in his pouch. See what I'm missing with dogs that like birds and rabbits? It lends a new definition for when I say to my dogs, "Wanna go for a ride?"

This project is going to be amazingly FUN to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment