Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dateline: Nashville, TN







What a fun time in Nashville, TN! It's cold down here ( 9 degrees this morning) but my heart's been warmed by the country music that I've taken in at the Ryman Theatre over the last two nights! You walk into the main theatre and the uneven, creaky, floor boards let you know that you're sitting where millions of country music fans have sat for years. It's "hallowed ground" for those that are asked to perform here. As someone that's listened to country music since I was 18, let's just say it was the equivalent of a musical mecca.

It was Speed & Sound weekend in Nashville so NASCAR fans dominated the wooden pews on Friday night. Kyle Petty played a couple of songs and Michael Waltrip took turns at the WSM mike for the live broadcast. Add in a little Vince Gill, Hank Williams, Jr, Danny Gokey (buy his album when it comes out. He does country well!), "Little" Jimmy Dickens, Chris Young, The Grascals, "Whipsering" Bill Anderson, and The Whites and both evenings were soothing. It was just the thing I needed to settle 3 days worth of information into my brain. You see, I've been studying for a test.

I'm really here for my National Professional Photographers meeting, and tomorrow morning I take my test for Certified Professional Photographer. When I pass the exam, and the review of 20 prints, it means I'm competent as a Professional Photographer. Kind of like the CPA, CLU and other professional acronyms. So it's back to studying and then a good nights sleep. I'm sure I'll be replaying the Grand Ole Opry in my head as I fall asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment