Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy George


Over the holidays, I got to meet my 7 month old nephew, Carl George, for the first time. Born in England in May, it was the first trip across the big pond for George. He was named after my late father but Neil, a "Brit" pictured here, explained that when Carl is spoken in the UK, it sounds a bit like "kurl." So they decided that George was the "proper" British name for everyday use.

George is a happy guy who loves the no clothes look and feel. He was a pleasure for the entire family (22 of us for 3 days)! His outgoing personality charmed us all and he seemed to love the attention. So of course, I needed to get some images of George for my sister, Laurie ,and Neil.

Our first "shoot" occurred in the bathtub. Another favorite time of George's! He has been to swimming class and is quite comfortable in the water. However, I didn't realize he had his early aquatic "credentials" so when my sister plopped him flat down on his back, with water covering his ears, I scrambled quickly. I thought he'd turn his head and inhale water. "Wait Peggy" she said. "He LOVES this!"

Sure enough, I had to pull my fight or flight response back a notch and start photographing this little "sea otter." I'd love to show you that image but naked kids and the internet are a no-no. So here's a better example of some familial children's portraits!

No comments:

Post a Comment