Friday, January 30, 2009

Hawaiian Meditation



At this time last year, I was on my way to Oahu, Hawaii in search of some warmth, relaxation and great images. Needless to say, I got all three of my wishes!

Today I try to embrace the winter and be positive about the 12 degrees outside. I can at least find solace in the sun that shines today. I don't know about you, but those in the upper Midwest have found ourselves moving slower, getting less done and packing on the pounds. Vitamin D and a big 'ole Verilux "Happy Light" (that's really what they call it!) are keeping me in the game but when I was going through some files today, I had to stop and feel the warmth in this image.

Made on the North Shore of Oahu (Surfing mecca for those of you that don't ride the boards) near an area called the Three Tables, I thought "what if I shoot into the sun?" I usually have those "what if" moments on a regular basis and paying attention to them has usually resulted in consistently good results.

Here I thought I might be fighting lens flare but some clouds moved in and just gave me a beautiful shaft of light to work with. The surfer was doing his thing for a while so the human element became the icing on the cake. A little Lucis Art finished it all off.

I just ordered a 30 x 40 canvas to keep me warm the rest of the winter! That'll be my Hawaiian meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment